Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SILICON VALLEY LOGOS LOOK REALLY 90S



So... seriously, what is the deal with the multi-colored letters making up a logo? Is that really what Google/ EBay/ want everybody in the whole wide world seeing every day? I know, maybe I'm being unfair- I mean they did get started in the early 90s. But you would think around '98 or so they'd be all "hmm, maybe we should try harder?".

Even YouTube seems to have lifted from the "As Seen on TV" logo- you know the one that hasn't changed since the late 70s? And although I like the new Adobe creative suite look, the old versions with the Photoshop eye and the Illustrator Boticelli chick makes it seem like my mom designed it. Thank you for changing your logos, Adobe! Now: Google, EBay, dont you want to be like your brother?

No comments: